At OCU, private school doesn’t mean prohibitive costs
Oklahoma City University (OCU) recognizes that as a future counselor, you’re committing to a life of service to your community. OCU’s admissions have been streamlined and tuition rates have been set to help make the decision to enroll easier on prospective students.
With no GRE requirement, no waitlist and competitive tuition rates, you can earn your Master of Education in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at a respected university without hassle or exorbitant costs.
Counseling M.Ed. online admissions information
|Term||Priority Deadline||Deadline||Start Date|
|Fall 2024||July 15, 2024||August 12, 2024||August 26, 2024|
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or its foreign equivalent recognized by the country in which the degree is granted)
- 3.0 minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average. Students may be admitted on probation, at the discretion of the program director, with a cumulative GPA of 2.75-2.99
- Official transcripts from all institutions, reflecting all course work taken
- Ability to communicate (both written and oral) proficiently in the English language
- Two satisfactory recommendation letters from college instructors.
- If the bachelor's degree is more than five years old, a significant sample of former scholarship may be submitted in lieu of an instructor's letter. In this case, the single letter of recommendation can be from a supervisory person of employment
- A personality/disposition deemed suitable for the helping and crisis intervention disciplines
- An interview may be requested of all applicants who reach the final stage of admissions review
OCU Counseling Tuition
Tuition for the online M.Ed. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is $520 per credit hour. This rate is subject to change periodically.
|M.Ed. in Counseling||2024-2025 Academic Year|
|Per credit hour||$520|
|Total credit hours from OCU||60|
|Total estimated tuition||$31,200|
OCU financial aid opportunities
The Oklahoma City University (OCU) Financial Aid team is committed to easing students’ minds when it comes to the cost of investment in their future. We understand that even when pursuing a degree with great career possibilities, advanced education is a major investment. You should be free to focus on your academic and professional goals instead of how to pay tuition.
Our financial aid counselors are caring individuals who work closely with students and their families to create personalized financial aid packages. The Financial Aid team is available Monday through Friday during regular business hours and all financial forms can be accessed on their website. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is available online at studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. Don't forget to list the OCU federal school code (003166) on your form.
For general questions or inquiries, call 405-208-5211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oklahoma City University tuition can be covered by a number of scholarship opportunities—both endowed scholarships that the university manages and distributes and outside scholarships that have their own deadlines to which students must apply.
These donated scholarship dollars are used to underwrite (fund) existing university, merit, and need-based scholarships that are a discount of the annual tuition for a student’s specific curriculum. There is not a separate scholarship application process as recipients do not receive additional scholarships.
Visit the Oklahoma City University tuition assistance and financial aid website for external scholarship opportunities. Keep in mind that some scholarships are continual while others have set deadlines in February, March, April, May, and June.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Admissions Deadlines
This will only take a moment.
Small classes, online flexibility, and a proven curriculum make Oklahoma City University's online M.Ed. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling a clear choice for your career. Learn more by downloading a program brochure.